Czech Society for Nutrition and Vegetarianism (CSVV)
1. The goals of CSVV
To educate the wider public about the benefits of vegetarianism
To collect information about health, ecological, economic and ethic benefits of vegetarianism referencing latest scientific evidence
2. Achieving goals is secured in CSVV through
- Specialised groups focusing on nutrition, gastronomy, environmental influences of nutrition
- The school of vegetarianism
- Club Our Child Vegetarian
3. Professional staff
- Prom. mat Tomáš Husák
- Jaroslav Škvařil
- MUDr. Kamil Běrský
- RNDr. Ing. Pavel Stratil, Ph.D.
- Ing. Eliška Škvařilová
- Ing. Zdeněk Hladík
- Zuzana Škvařilová, BSc
- CSVV has organised many training seminars for hotel staff, schools and restaurant managers
- In 2003, CSVV initiated a conference on Dietary reference values in alternative diets for children of the age between 3 and 6 years. The conference was organised by The National Institute of Public Health (The Czech Republic)
- In 2004, CSVV translated (into Czech) and published “The Position of the American and Dietetic Association and the Dieticians of Canada: Vegetarian Diets (2003)”, currently the largest scientific publication of vegetarianism in the world
- In 2004, due to CSVV efforts, this position was also accredited by the Czech paediatric association and the Association for Nutrition in the Czech Republic
- In 2004, the Specialised group for Nutrition of CSVV was asked to evaluate the suggested new Dietary Reference values for the Czech Republic
- CSVV published “The Declaration for the Protective Diet”, which links to the “Declaration of the Nutrition Union” in 1989, which was accredited by the Ministry of Health in the Czechoslovakia
- Between 2005 and 2006, CSVV participated in the Centrum of Innovative Education project for the Palacky University, Olomouc, financed by ESF
- In October 2007, CSVV participated in organisation of “The international conference: The health education and quality of life”, organised by the University of South Bohemia and held in Hluboka nad Vltavou, the Czech Republic with financial support of ESF
CSVV is currently planning a new project with a working title Education for healthy food in sound environment in cooperation with The Charles University of Prague (The Czech Republic) and Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry in Brno (The Czech Republic).
The beneficiary of the new project will be Střední odborné učiliště tradičních řemesel, spol. s r. o., educational institution, which is already a beneficiary in Deep laid regions project, initiated by EQUAL (www.deeplaid.eu).
CSVV is also currently searching for new participants for this and further projects on the National and International level. If you would like to gain more information, cooperate with us or participate in new projects please do not hesitate to contact us.